11.10.2010

Pursuit twelve: Happy weaving

This past summer I lived in Knoxville, Tennessee. This is the first summer that I have not lived at home, and I must say that I was very excited about it (not that I don't enjoy my fair share of family time). However, my parents gave me one stipulation... If I was going to live in Knoxville for the summer, I must (absolutely no ifs, ands, or buts about it) find a summer job. So, the moment I came back up to Knoxville in May I was on the hunt. I did not realize how hard it would be to find a summer job. I applied everywhere. No job was "too good" for me at that point haha

Some of the more comical jobs that I applied for were at the Home Depot and Taco Bell.

Unfortunately, I never heard back from those places.

However, one day while looking through The Daily Beacon, (the school newspaper for the University of Tennessee, Knoxville) I stumbled upon a job listing for a part-time assistant for a company called Way To Weave! (No it is not a place to get your hair done). Way To Weave! sells dog agility equipment (weave polls).



Prior to obtaining this job, I really had no idea what went on in dog competitions, let alone what an actual weave poll was, but let me just say that I sure have learned a lot!

Out of all the jobs that I have had throughout the years to earn a little extra cash, this has been by far the most entertaining and unique! I get to see dogs every time I go in to work, which is pretty fun because I love dogs (if you did not know that).

My main tasks are to keep the website orders up to date. But as of late I have filmed and edited a video of dogs using the Way To Weave! polls at a local trial, helped my boss create a Facebook page for the company, and am in the process of helping revamp the company website.

This dog is using Way To Weave! polls all the way in Uruguay!


Below is the link to the video that I created entitled Happy Weaving!


With all of the jobs that I have had, no matter how random they might have been I have found benefits from each which have ultimately given me insight into what I actually want to do with my life and career.

Hopefully this post will at least put a smile on your face or a little chuckle after watching some dogs weave!

AND... of course, if you or anyone else you know enjoys dog agility equipment, you should take a moment to check out the Way To Weave! website. They have some great high quality products that cater to any weaving ability!


Following my pursuits,

Price

Special thanks to:
Way To Weave! http://www.waytoweave.com/default.asp
The Facebook page for Way To Weave!
 http://www.facebook.com/pages/Way-To-Weave/134047173313543

No comments:

Post a Comment