11.26.2010

Pursuit sixteen: Traditions

Tradition: an inherited, established, or customary pattern of thought, action, or behavior (as a religious practice or a social custom)

It is always around the holiday season that I become aware once again of the traditions that have become important to me in my life. Over the years it has become a custom of mine to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on television on Thanksgiving morning while my mom is getting the house ready for the family.


I have never watched the parade all the way through, and it is not really a tradition of my family's, but for some reason every year I feel the need to watch at least a portion of the parade. I suppose it is because it is something that I started watching as a child, so I have fond memories of viewing it every Thanksgiving.  

Whether you have traditions of large family gatherings with stuffing...


trying to beat the holiday rush on Black Friday...


working...

or enjoying some much needed rest...


enjoy whatever traditions you have because they sure do make for some fun and interesting memories!

Following my pursuits,

Price

Special thanks to:
Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary: http://www.merriam-webster.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment