6.13.2011

Pursuit fifty eight: Summer Read numero uno

After hearing Tina Fey's Bossypants book title being brought up on more than one occasion recently, I decided to go out and find what all of the hoopla was about for myself. In less than a week I had this book read from front to back, and I must say it was quite the read! 

While reading the "praises" on the back of the book after my purchase I knew that I was in store for a good time! Below are a few of the more comical praises under the Advance Praise for Bossypants...

"I hope that's not really the cover. That's really going to hurt sales." -Don Fey, Father of Tina Fey

"Totally worth it." -Trees

"Do not print this glowing recommendation of Tina Fey's book until I've been dead a hundred years." 
-Mark Twain

"Hilarious and insightful. Laugh-out-loud funny- oh no, a full moon. No! Arrgh! Get away from me! Save yourself!" -A guy turning into a werewolf

Now I know some of the above quotes are not everyone's cup of tea, but to me, dry humor always gets me (for the most part). To say that I laughed-out-loud by myself on more than one occasion while reading this book is an understatement. I love when people can be humorous by just being themselves (not laughing at them... but with them of course), and Tina Fey does this with Bossypants. Although there are many good laughs throughout this book, Fey also makes some insightful and thought provoking points. So, if you are looking for a good laugh and a fun summer read, I would highly recommend this book!

Now on to my next summer read... lets just say it involves dogs and trying to understand them and their point of view of the world around them... but more on that later.

Following my pursuits,

Price


Special thanks to:
Tina Fey's Bossypants




No comments:

Post a Comment