6.29.2011

Pursuit sixty four: The trials and tribulations of the white duvet cover

A little over six years ago I received this bedding set from my parentals for Christmas. I have greatly enjoyed the simplistic and classic design of this duvet cover and matching pillow shams. They have been relatively easy to keep clean, and are a bedroom piece that I have yet to get tired of owning.


 However, a little over a year ago, a new creature came into my life... Smith (my 71+ pound chocolate lab). To say keeping Smith off of my bed has been easy is an understatement. Think more of trying to keep a moth from flying towards a bright light in the dead of night (nearly impossible). Thus, the "safety blanket", just a regular old yellow blanket was brought into employment to try and keep the massive amounts of brown dog hair and lovely little mud paw prints from completely destroying my bedding.


Yes, all of this sounds like complaining, but I am just attempting to find a resolution for this issue. I want and love to cuddle with my pup. I just do not enjoy to see the remnants of his fur and paw prints so readily displayed for all to see. Let me just say that I have become amazing at using a lint roller (an item I never thought to use to clean my bedding before Smith) prior to guests coming over to my crib.

As I will be wrapping up my college career here at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville in less than a month, and packing up my things and the pup for our next phase of life, I am on the hunt for a new duvet cover. I feel as though I have looked everywhere online, and nothing has instantly tugged at my heartstrings. I am interested in stepping out of my design comfort box, and want to step away from my love of the Shabby Chic style. However, I do not want to purchase something that in less than two years I will abhor looking at every time I enter into my room.

So, this is where you come in lovely Pursuits of Price readers! Do you have any suggestions of fabric, websites, stores, etc. where I could purchase or make a duvet cover that will disguise Smith's fur and paw prints more easily? Something that I will not have to cover up with the "safety blanket" every time the big brown pup wants to lay on the bed with me?

I would love to hear from you!

Following my pursuits,

Price

No comments:

Post a Comment