6.27.2011

Pursuit sixty three: Earth Fare's Strawberry and Banana Smoothie (Price style)

A couple of weeks ago I had one of Earth Fare's fruit smoothies for the first time. Let me just tell you... it was divine! So, despite my inability to cook (or maybe it is just the lack of patience to cook for one individual) I decided that I wanted to attempt to make my own smoothies instead of going all the way to Earth Fare to pick up something that I am sure a five year old could whip up. While ordering my second Strawberry and Banana smoothie from the counter at Earth Fare, I secretly spotted the lady putting all of the ingredients into the blender, and knew at that moment that I could conquer the task of making a Strawberry and Banana smoothie.

The ingredients:

~Strawberries~

~Bananas~

~Earth Fare Organic Apple Juice (the secret ingredient shh)~

I noticed that the strawberries and bananas had been cut up and were frozen. So, after purchasing a container of strawberries and a couple of bananas, I went ahead and cut them up and placed them in the freezer over night. I would suggest leaving the strawberries and bananas in the freezer for at least one day to give you the ultimate Strawberry and Banana smoothie. 

On the first morning of making the smoothie for myself, I added roughly 8-10 cut up strawberry pieces, 10 banana pieces, and filled the blender with apple juice until it was about 1/3 the height of the strawberries and bananas who were chilling in the blender waiting to become a member of the final masterpiece. 

On my third day of making the Strawberry and Banana smoothie for breakfast, I discovered that using a chilled glass makes the smoothie ten times better! Also, I discovered that putting less apple juice in the blender gives the smoothie a thicker (not chunky) consistency, which I personally enjoy.


Ta-da! Gold star for me for actually being excited about making something in the kitchen! Now, if my other cooking (I suppose smoothie making is not really cooking) attempts were as successful as this, life would be so grand!

Following my pursuits,

Price


Special thanks to:







No comments:

Post a Comment